As a dermatologist Dr Mathobela is trained to evaluate and treat children and adults with benign (non cancerous) and malignant (cancerous) disorders of the skin, hair, nails and adjacent mucous membrane.
She has had additional training and experience in the following
- Diagnosing and treatment of skin cancers including basal cell carcinomas, squamous cell carcinomas and melanomas; moles and other tumours of the skin.
- Management of inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne vulgaris etc
- Recognition of the skin manifestations of systemic and infectious disease
- Surgical techniques in dermatology including removal of moles, skin tags, benign small skin growths
- Cosmetic dermatology including treating skin signs associated with aging, hyperpigmentation, acne scarring amongst many other conditions.
Minor surgical procedures are done in the rooms under local anaesthetics, for children who cannot tolerate local anaesthetic the procedures can be done in theatre under general anaesthesia either at the Cape Gate Mediclinic or Intercare Day Hospital in Century city.